Senior Electrical Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer for Solid Design Solutions based in Mounds View, Minnesota. The successful candidate will engage as a member of a highly technical and energized development team, performing and leading electrical engineering design and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical leadership to electrical hardware team members, including instructing and verifying team members’ work.
- Develop specifications for electronic products, assemblies, and parts.
- Design, integrate, and document a variety of electrical concepts, prototypes, and products.
- Familiar and comfortable with designing PC boards, performing layout, and reviewing boards after fabrication.
- Assist in the writing and create engineering proposals for new projects and programs.
- Show flexibility by performing various engineering tasks and working on multiple concurrent design projects.
- Conduct design analysis to ensure manufacturability, reliability and client electrical requirements are met.
- Prepare technical documentation, including architecture, detailed design and verification test documents as required.
- Plan and perform tests to ensure that products achieve performance and reliability goals.
- Insure regulatory and safety compliance providing all the required information and documentation as required.
- Meet with new and current Customers to understand design specifications, schedules and budgets.
- Select components and suppliers, and manage an inventory of components and information for each separate project.
- Train other employees as well as external personnel as requested.
- BS degree w/5-10 years of experience
- MS degree w/3-7 years of experience
- Experience in the complete product development process, including design and project definition, development, testing, and on-time execution.
- Hardware Engineering experience (design, schematic, layout, integration, BOM, ECR / ECO, test, and qualification).
- Experience with creating, troubleshooting, and editing embedded firmware.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for decision, actions and results.
- Open and candid communication skills, demonstrate inclusive behavior, and demonstrate the ability to build trust and inspire others.
- Initiate and guide troubleshooting agenda for sudden “critical” problem areas.
- Responsible for medium to large projects or multiple tasks within the engineering functional discipline.
- Makes significant contribution to their team by applying hardware engineering knowledge.
- Works independently on projects.
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and will work to continue developing specialized knowledge.
- Formal classes or 3 years of experience designing at least two different types of circuits: digital, analog, RF, wireless, optical, power supplies, low voltage, high voltage, or others.
- Formal classes or 3 years of experience designing for at least two different markets: medical device, consumer, audio, communications (voice, video or data), industrial controls, robotics, military, PC, PC peripherals, or others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read and write simple scripts or software programs
- Wireless development including IoT.
- This position has minimal travel requirements (up to 10%).
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other engineering disciplines (e.g., Mechanical, Firmware, Software).